to all the things in life that deserve a sincerely worded letter,

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dear Folks Who Keep Chickens in Their Backyards,


I recently had a lovely afternoon nap in the garage of my Australian editor and it was possibly one of my all time favourite naps. There was a light breeze whussling through, the clean good smell of eucalyptus (yes. I know it's been compared to the smell of cat piss, but I like it and don't think it smells like that at all), and best of all, oh, absolutely best of all, the pleasing buck, buck, buck of the backyard flock of chickens. The ladies were busy foraging for bugs and bits of wilted lettuce, but they never fought or squabbled. As I slept, their voices formed a sort of hammock of sound, rocking me gently. I must say, folks who keep chickens in your backyards, you definitely have the right idea. An easy way to increase peace in the world.


Some kind of genius, you chicken keeping folks.

(from goldie)

No comments:

Post a Comment